- Updated: 27.01.2024
Cannes can be an amazing experience!
Spending a week in Cannes promises a delightful experience that combines the charm of the French Riviera with a unique blend of luxury, culture, and natural beauty. This glamorous city, renowned for its annual film festival, offers a plethora of activities and attractions that make it an ideal destination for a memorable getaway. Iconics and historic luxury Carlton Cannes located on the famous La Croisette Boulevard, offering stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea.
The stunning beaches of Cannes, with their golden sands and crystal-clear Mediterranean waters, invite visitors to relax and soak up the sun. Whether you choose to bask in the warmth of the French Riviera or take a leisurely stroll along the iconic Boulevard de la Croisette, you'll find yourself surrounded by breathtaking scenery and a vibrant atmosphere.
Cannes is also a haven for shopping enthusiasts. The city boasts an array of high-end boutiques, designer stores, and glamorous fashion houses, making it a paradise for those looking to indulge in some retail therapy. From the renowned luxury brands on Rue d'Antibes to the charming markets selling local crafts and delicacies, the shopping experience in Cannes is as diverse as it is delightful.
For those with a passion for culture, Cannes boasts numerous cultural events and attractions. Visit the iconic Palais des Festivals et des Congrès, where the world-famous Cannes Film Festival takes place annually, or explore the Museum of Castre, housed in a historic castle with panoramic views of the city. The vibrant arts scene and the numerous galleries add a touch of sophistication to your cultural exploration.
Exploring the surrounding areas is also highly recommended. Take a short boat trip to the nearby Lerins Islands, where you can discover the Fort Royal and its historical significance, or venture into the charming hilltop village of Mougins, known for its art galleries and excellent dining options.
As the sun sets over the Mediterranean, the nightlife in Cannes comes alive. Enjoy a cocktail at one of the trendy beach clubs or experience the vibrant energy of the city's nightlife, complete with glamorous restaurants, chic bars, and lively nightclubs.
→ Useful Article: Two Weeks Guide through France and Italy
How to spend a week in Cannes - Step by Step
Day 1: Arrival and Relaxation
• Morning: Arrive in Cannes and check into your accommodation.
• Afternoon: Take a leisurely stroll along La Croisette, Cannes' famous promenade. Enjoy the beautiful views of the Mediterranean Sea and stop at one of the beachfront cafes for lunch.
• Evening: Explore the Old Town (Le Suquet) for dinner. The narrow streets are filled with charming restaurants and shops.
Day 2: Explore Cannes
• Morning: Visit the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès, where the Cannes Film Festival takes place. Take a walk on the iconic red carpet. See the location on the map.
• Afternoon: Head to the Marché Forville, a vibrant market where you can explore local produce, spices, and more. Have lunch at one of the market's restaurants.
• Evening: Relax on one of Cannes' public beaches or enjoy a sunset yacht cruise.
Yachting in Cannes
Day 3: Day Trip to Île Sainte-Marguerite
• Full Day: Take a boat trip to Île Sainte-Marguerite, just off the coast of Cannes. Explore the Fort Royal and relax on the island's pristine beaches. The boats to Île Sainte-Marguerite depart from the Port of Cannes. From the Port of Cannes, you can find boats that operate regular services to Île Sainte-Marguerite. The journey is relatively short, usually taking around 15 to 30 minutes.
Day 4: Cultural Day
• Morning: Visit the Musée de la Castre, located in the historic Le Suquet district. The museum houses an impressive collection of Mediterranean antiquities and offers panoramic views of Cannes. Seee the location on the map.
• Afternoon: Explore the Lérins Islands. Take a boat to Île Saint-Honorat, known for its monastery and vineyards. Taste the local wines and enjoy a peaceful atmosphere.
• Evening: Dine in one of Cannes' gourmet restaurants for a taste of French cuisine.
Architecture of Cannes, Carlton
Day 5: Shopping and Relaxation
• Morning: Spend some time shopping on Rue d'Antibes, known for its luxury boutiques and designer stores.
• Afternoon: Relax at one of the private beaches along La Croisette.
• Evening: Enjoy a seaside dinner at a beachfront restaurant.
Day 6: Day Trip to Nice
• Full Day Take a short train ride to Nice. Explore the Old Town, Promenade des Anglais, and if interested the Marc Chagall National Museum.
Day 7: Activities and Farewell
• Morning: Engage in water sports or hiking in the nearby Esterel Massif for some outdoor adventure.
• Afternoon: Relax at a beach club or spa.
• Evening: Have a farewell dinner at a Michelin-starred restaurant or a local bistro.
• Remember to adapt this itinerary based on your preferences and the time of year. Cannes offers a mix of cultural exploration, relaxation, and entertainment, making it a versatile destination.
You might be interested in how to spend one week in Saint-Tropez.
Where to stay in Cannes
When choosing where to stay in Cannes, you have several options, including hotels and villas. Here are the best recommendations: