Pantheon in Paris
Pantheon is an architectural and historical monument, an example of French neoclassicism in the Latin Quarter of the 5th arrondissement of Paris. Originally the Church of Saint Genevieve, built by the architect Jacques-Germain Soufflot in 1758-1790. After the French Revolution, in 1791, the Church of St. Genevieve in Paris was renamed the Pantheon by decree of the Convention.
The inscription on the frieze of the Pantheon reads: AUX GRANDS HOMMES LA PATRIE RECONNAISSANTE.
A monumental building in the style of mature French neoclassicism was built on the territory of the abbey of Saint Genevieve by the architect J.-J. Soufflet, who took as a basis the so-called French scheme: a combination of the plan of a cross-domed church, facades with "Greek" columned porticos and a drum with a "Roman dome".
One of the active Foucault pendulums is located in the Pantheon - a device for demonstrating the daily rotation of the Earth, named after L. Foucault.
Hotels and apartments on the Paris map
The nearest metro station is Cardinal Lemoine, Maubert - Mutualité
Bus: 75, 82, 89