- Updated: 28.01.2024
A Week on Cote d'Azur - Step by Step
The French Riviera, also known as the Cote d'Azur, is a stunning destination for holidays! Whether you're seeking glamorous beaches, cultural experiences, or picturesque landscapes, there's plenty to explore. Nice, Cannes, Monaco, and Saint-Tropez are some of the most popular spots. Nice offers a mix of history, culture, and the beautiful Promenade des Anglais. Cannes is famous for its film festival and luxury shopping. Monaco boasts a lavish casino, beautiful gardens, and the Prince's Palace. Saint-Tropez is known for its vibrant nightlife, stunning beaches, and celebrity sightings.
Exploring local markets, trying Mediterranean cuisine, visiting historical sites like the Château de Nice or the Cannes Film Festival Palace, and enjoying water activities along the coast are all fantastic experiences.
the French Riviera offers a splendid mix of culture, beauty, and relaxation. Here's a guide to make the most of a week on the French Riviera sounds like an exquisite getaway,
Day 1: Arrival in Nice
• Morning: Arrive in Nice, check into your hotel or villa.
• Afternoon: Stroll along the Promenade des Anglais, visit the Old Town (Vieux Nice), and explore the vibrant Cours Saleya Market.
• Evening: Enjoy a delightful dinner at a local restaurant overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
Day 2: Exploring Nice
• Morning: Visit the Marc Chagall National Museum or the Matisse Museum to immerse yourself in art and culture.
Buy tickets online directly on official websites Marc Chagall National Museum tickets and Matisse Museum tickets.
• Afternoon: Relax on the beaches of Nice or take a day trip to the nearby village of Èze, known for its stunning views and medieval charm.
• Evening: Experience the nightlife at bars and cafes along the Nice Promenade.
Best Villas in Nice
|Distance from centre
|Villa 5* Nice St Pancrace
|Villa des Oliviers
|Nice Renting - BELLET
Day 5: Eze & Menton
• Eze Village: Explore this medieval hilltop village with stunning views.
• Exotic Garden: Visit the beautiful botanical garden in Eze.
• Menton: Enjoy the tranquil atmosphere and visit the Jean Cocteau Museum (closed for renovation as De. 2023)
Day 3: Cannes
• Transport: There are several transportation options available from Nice to Cannes, which is approximately 33 kilometers/20 miles away. The train is a convenient and popular option. The journey takes around 30 minutes, and there are frequent trains between Nice and Cannes. The train station in Nice is Nice-Ville, and in Cannes, it's Cannes Station, you can buy tickets on SNCF. Buses also operate between Nice and Cannes. The journey time may vary depending on traffic, but it typically takes around 1 to 1.5 hours. Bus services are provided by different companies, such as Lignes d'Azur. Buses typically depart from the main bus station in Nice, which is Gare Routière Nice. In Cannes, the bus station is called Gare Routière Cannes.
• La Croisette: Wander along this glamorous boulevard, visit the beach clubs.
• Palais des Festivals: Discover where the Cannes Film Festival takes place.
• Le Suquet: Explore the old town area with its quaint streets and stunning views.
• Visit the Lerins Islands for a relaxing day on the beaches or explore the Museum of Perfume.
• You might be interested in reading my article on how to spend one week in Cannes, complete guide!
Day 4: Antibes & Juan-les-Pins
• Cap d'Antibes: Walk the coastal path for breathtaking views, he town boasts a picturesque old quarter with narrow streets, vibrant markets.
• Picasso Museum: Visit the museum housed in Château Grimaldi - Picasso Museum.
• Juan-les-Pins: The chic resort of Juan-les-Pins is known for its long, sandy beaches. Enjoy live music at one of the jazz clubs or relax at a beachfront bar.
Nice Hotels on the Map
Day 6: Saint-Tropez
• The most flexible option is to rent a car and drive from Nice to Saint-Tropez. The distance is approximately 110-120 kilometers/68-75 miles, and the journey takes around 1.5 to 2 hours, depending on traffic. By boat, during the summer months, there are boat services that operate between Nice and Saint-Tropez, offering a scenic and enjoyable way to travel along the coast. By Helicopter, for a more luxurious and quick option, some helicopter services provide transfers between Nice and Saint-Tropez. This option is typically more expensive but offers a stunning aerial view of the coastline.
• Old Port: Experience the charm of this iconic harbor town.
• Place des Lices: Visit the open-air market and enjoy a cafe.
• Pampelonne Beach: Relax at one of the most famous beaches on the Riviera.
• You might be interested in reading my article on how to spend one week in Saint-Tropez, complete guide!
Day 7: Relaxation & Enjoyment in Nice
• Beach Day: Pick your favorite beach or resort for a day of pure relaxation. The most famous beach is Plage Royale.
• Spa Day: Treat yourself to a spa treatment or wellness experience.
• Local Cuisine: Indulge in delicious Mediterranean cuisine at a waterfront restaurant, enjoy local delicacies like Socca and Ratatouille.